The cold winter months are notorious for bringing about flu season. Contrary to popular belief, this isn’t because the weather has become colder. It’s because people are more likely to stay indoors and spread germs. We’ve learned more in recent years about how to combat germs, but some old time myths still prevail. For example:
Washing Your Hands Is Enough
Recent studies have shown that 46% of people don’t wash their hands effectively. PURELL Advanced hand sanitizer is clinically proven to kill germs that may be left behind after hand washing. When washing your hands be sure to use hot water and vigorously wash your hands for 20-30 seconds, washing past your wrist. Your fingernails are one place where sneaky germs like to hide. To combat this, while your hands are soapy just lightly scratch your palm to make sure the soap gets under your nails. Use this method when applying hand sanitizer as well. Using this double-team on germs is a sure-fire way to help keep healthy!
Be Sure To Clean Common Areas
Spending a minute washing your hands isn’t going to do you any good when you immediately touch that germy door handle. There are many places where germs like to congregate. Door handles, cell phones, keyboards, and remote controls are some of the more common items where germs can gather quickly. It doesn’t take much to combat this problem. At least once a week just give these and other commonly touched items a quick wipe down with a disinfectant wipe or disinfectant spray.
We have plenty of disinfecting products from companies such as Chase, Claire, and Franklin.
Winter is upon us, which means that we will all be huddled up indoors for the next few months. That means this is a good time to make sure the air you’re breathing is healthy and refreshing. Here’s how!
One thing to look for when trying to find an air filter is the MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) rating. The higher the rating, the more efficient the filter is. MERV ratings range from 1-20. Residential filters usually top out at MERV 8. For reference, MERV 13-20 are usually used for hospitals and pharmaceutical factories. Here’s a table for full details.
Purolator has all the air filters for your commercial and residential needs. Dirt and dust builds up overtime which means that the longer you go between changing filters, the more likely it is that the air you breath in your own home may be unhealthy. Be sure to inspect your filters once a month and plan on changing them every 3 months.
Air deodorizers recycle the air in your home or business, removing odors to help keep what you breath fresh and healthy! One of the best in the air deodorizer business is Newaire. They offer a variety of purifiers, from small plug-in units for rooms and cars, to large units for larger areas. Best of all, there are no dangerous chemicals involved!
Having pure air is great, but giving it a pleasant scent is even better! With the holiday season upon us, a good air freshener can really make your home extra inviting for your loved ones. Claire offers a wide variety of scents. You can even grab a dispenser and have the scent sprayed at timed intervals! Just be sure to grab a metered spray can if you do.
Did you know that our skin is the largest organ we have? It is also our first line of defense against the rigors of the environment, so it’s important to keep it healthy and strong. Betty Mills offers many skin care items for all needs from some of the top skin-care manufacturers around.
Stoko specializes in skin care products. They carry many varieties of soap from heavy-duty to antibacterial. Their sanitizers will keep your hands healthy and germ free. Where Stoko really shines is with their skin care products. They offer both skin repair products for damaged skin, and also skin protectant products to help prevent damage caused by work-related conditions.
GOJO is America’s #1 hand cleaner. Their Purell Sanitizer line can be found in offices, homes, and schools all over the nation and come in a variety of sizes, ranging from wall-mounted dispensers to wipes that are perfect for travel. GOJO also offers a wide variety of hand cleaners and soaps that can remove the toughest dirt & grime and also kill bacteria. They even have PURELL Advanced which is enhanced with 4 different skin conditioning agents that help maintain skin health-skin moisture and improves overall skin feel. Many of their items are also Green Certified for those who are Eco-friendly.
Protecting your skin and hands isn’t all about lotions and sanitizers. A good pair of gloves will also go a long way. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Saftey Zone to bring gloves for any situation imaginable! They have Latex Gloves that work great in the janitorial and health care industries. If you need a chemical resistant glove, their Neoprene & Nitrile lines will get the job done. Their Vinyl Gloves are perfect for anyone working in food service. If you needs gloves for construction or landscaping, then their Leather, Cotton & Canvas Gloves will do the trick.
One of the hardest things about running a business is figuring out how to cut costs. You have to do it in a way that keeps both customers and employees happy. In fact, it would be ideal if you did it in a way where they didn’t even notice that costs were being cut! One way to do that is to install an automatic hand dryer in your restrooms. This has several benefits:
- You will save money and time from having to continuously purchase disposable paper towels
- You will help the environment by cutting down on paper, waste, and the energy it takes to make paper towels
- You can earn LEED Credits, which can have some financial advantages. Visit the LEED website for more details
- One unforeseen cost savings perk will be having to buy less trash bags to hold the used paper towels
- Your restroom will have a more aesthetic look with no messy paper towels laying around
In today’s society, being seen as green can definitely be beneficial to your business. If your concern is that hand dryers can be pricey, just think of them as an investment. Sure you pay a lot of money up front, but it will save you money in the long run.
Betty Mills carries a wide variety of hand dryers from companies such as World Dryer and Sky. Check them out to find which hand dryer is best for you!
August has arrived, which means school is going to be starting up again! Of course there’s still plenty of summer left, but you don’t want to be caught without the right school supplies and start the year off on a drag. Here at Betty Mills, we carry TONS of things for both teachers & students, from elementary all the way up through college!
- Calculators: Betty carries a wide variety of calculators, whether you just need a little pocket calculator, or something heavy duty like a graphing or financial calculator. Either way, you’ll be able to crunch numbers with the best of them!
- Data Storage: In today’s technological age, it is very important to backup all of your important documents, whether it’s school papers, tax papers, bills, or photos. Betty Mills offers several options, from USB flash drives to blank CD’s & DVD’s.
- Computer Accessories: If you have a top-of-the-line computer, you want to keep it that way! The folks over at Innovera offer lots of great items to keep your computer top notch, including: compatible printer ink, carrying cases for laptops, replacement mice, cleaners, and more!
- Binders & Folders: Of course not everything is done on computers, you still need a hard copy of your work! We have all sorts of binders, folders and report covers to keep those papers safe and pristine!
- Other Supplies: No matter how advanced technology gets, you’ll always need paper, pencils, pens, paper clips, staplers, tape, rulers, and protractors. And don’t forget the always-useful Post-It Note!
- Teaching Supplies: Don’t think we forgot about the teachers out there, we’ve got you covered too! We offer attendance books, dry erase boards, chalk boards, markers, stickers, and planners.
- Snacks: Lunch is still considered a class right? Well you’ll need to fuel yourself up for all of that learning. Good thing we carry all sorts of snacks and food! And the best part is you can earn Snack Rewards Points with every purchase at Betty Mills. That means you can get all of your school supplies, head over to our Snack Rewards Redemption Center, and get some grub for free!
The summer months are upon us! That means lots of nice weather, vacations, picnics, and barbeques. So how can Betty Mills help with that? Well we carry thousands of items good for picnics and barbecues, in addition to plenty of snacks!
If you have a big picnic to plan, you’ll need plenty of delicious food. But you’ll also need something to eat all of that delicious food with! That’s where Betty Mills comes in. Thanks to our friends at Dixie, we carry plenty of disposable dinnerware, cups, and cutlery. In addition we carry plenty of tablecloths, napkins, and as we’ve highlighted before, trash bags to keep your event clean.
Also, if you even need a couple of tables and chairs to seat everyone, Betty has you covered there as well.
So you’ve got all of your equipment and utensils, but what about that food? Good news, Betty Mills carries thousands of snacks for you to try! Not only that, but with our Snack Rewards Program, you can get free snacks just for shopping with us! So grab some dinnerware, tables and chairs, and you can get the food for free!
On the surface, it may seem that buying a liner for your trash receptacle is simple. As long as it is the right size everything is fine, right? Well there is a little more to it than that. In addition to selecting the right size, you also need to factor in what is being thrown away. This is determined by both density, and gauge.
If sharp items are being thrown away, then you will want a low density can liner. Otherwise you can use a high density can liner.
If lighter items are being thrown away, then you want a lower grade gauge. If the liner will be holding heavy items, then you will want a higher grade gauge.
You can use our Trash Liner Guide to help match you your container with the right liner.
In addition, Heritage carries color coded can liners that can help distinguish the contents of the liner. This is great for industries that have bio-hazard waste, such as health care facilities. But it can be used to separate anything, such as recyclable materials, organic waste, soiled laundry, etc.